Conax design, manufacture, repair and recondition machines on a regular basis.
Some of our past projects include:
- The design and manufacture of a special purpose lifting machine, which was used for the construction of the capping beams on the incline coal conveyor at the Kusile Power Station. The lifting machine consisted of four Jacks that worked simultaneously, to pull the form-work platform 58m up and into position, before assembling the shutter boards and pouring of concrete. This saved our client money and time on the project.
- The design and manufacture of various Hydraulic Jacks to customer specifications, such as 400Tonne Pancake Jacks used in bridge building. These Jacks were used in the incremental launch of the new road bridges built at Mount Edgecombe.
- Some 175Tonne, 600mm Long Stroke Jacks which were used, four at a time, on a platform for lowering 100Tonne concrete blocks, 6m to ground level at the Kusile Power Station.
- The repair of hydraulic cylinders, such as a 200Tonne Stressing Jack for a well-known Civils Company.
- The design and manufacture of the Feed Frames for a Cover Face Drill, which is an exploration drill rig that can drill up to 500m.
- The design and manufacture of the Feed Frames for our new Bolting Machine, The Mantis.
- The recondition of Sasol Utility Vehicles, which included all hydraulics, electrics, air vessels and crane age.
|400T Pancake Jack||Screw Compressor (Mobile, Flameproof)||Special Purpose Lifting Rig Platform (design, manufacture & operation).||110T Lifting Jack (Long-stroke)|
|200T Stressing Jack||Exploration Drill||CMR7-390 EH Crawler Roofbolter|
|Utility Vehicle (EH Flameproof)|